Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Riley slept through the night...first time EVER!

It was amazing. I was awoken at 6:30 am to the sound pitter pattering little feet to my bedside. I was confused. What time was it? Why did it seem light outside? Wait a minute. Did our little girl actually sleep through out the night?! She did!!!!

You see, Riley has been waking anywhere from 5 to 20 times a night since we brought her home 6 months ago! Sometimes it doesn't even seem like she sleeps, but always seems rested in the morning. BUT not for mom, I was totally exhausted! Boy, did I feel amazing after getting my rest.

Why the change? I'm not sure. The only thing I did different was put her down for her nap at 11:45 am. She usually naps after 1:00 pm, after lunch. She has always acted sleepy around 11:00 am, but I always thought it was best to have her wait. Why? I have no idea. Plus, it's not always an option to put her down for a nap so early. Nick has school two days a week or we might be out running errands. BUT if this is the key? Then you better believe I will try my hardest to get her napping as early as possible when I can!


No comments:

Post a Comment